The next stage in visual innovation
A dedicated vision processing platform
Myriad 2 is the industry’s first always-on vision processor. It delivers high-performance computational imaging and visual awareness in severely power-constrained environments.
Myriad 2 exhibits a skillful balance between hard-wired and programmable elements. This gives developers immediate access to its advanced vision processing core, while allowing them to develop proprietary capabilities that provide true differentiation.
How Myriad 2 enables compelling user experiences
A shared ecosystem of hardware and software vendors has caused vision capabilities in connected devices to stall. Myriad 2 changes that. Here’s how:
- An ultra-low power design. For mobile and connected devices where battery life is critical, Myriad 2 provides a way to combine advanced vision applications in a low power profile. This enables new vision applications in small form factors that could not exist before.
- A high-performance processor. Bringing vision technologies in connected devices closer to the capabilities of human vision is what we do. Myriad 2 enables advanced vision applications that are impossible with conventional processors.
- A programmable architecture. The flexibility for developers to implement differentiated and proprietary applications is fundamental to Myriad 2. Our optimized software libraries give device manufacturers the ability to differentiate, not duplicate, at the core level.
- A small-area footprint. To conserve space inside mobile, wearable, and embedded devices, Myriad 2 was designed with a very small footprint that can easily be integrated into existing products.
Myriad 2 VPU Architecture
The Myriad 2 architecture comprises a complete set of interfaces, a set of enhanced imaging/vision accelerators, a group of 12 specialized vector VLIW processors called SHAVEs, and an intelligent memory fabric that pulls together the processing resources to enable power efficient processing.
How Myriad 2 is used
Myriad 2 enables and enhances the following applications:
- Computational photography (rapid autofocus, HDR, extreme low light)
- 3D modeling & scanning
- Indoor navigation
- 360-degree panoramic video
- Visual analytics
- Immersive gaming, augmented reality
- Gesture recognition
- Always-on face and object detection
- Industrial vision
Myriad 2 is used in the following product categories:
- Smartphone / tablet cameras
- Wearables, action cameras, and electronic eyewear
- Embedded devices (home automation, industrial, and robotics)